Visa for Cyberspace Forum 2018

Return to Homepage

Conference participants, who are not Chinese citizens (or passport holders from Singapore, Brunei, and Japan), need a Chinese visa to enter China. Participants can apply for a visa at the Chinese embassy or consulate in the region in which they live. For most attendees, it is easiest to apply for a Tourist ("L") visa; an invitation letter is not required for obtaining a Tourist visa.

In case you need a visa invitation letter, please send the following information to

NOTE: If you have a companion to travel with you to the conference, and your companion needs a visa support letter from IEEE UIC 2015, then your companion also needs to provide the above information.

To avoid uncertainty, participants will be advised to apply for a visa as early as possible. It is recommended that they apply for a Chinese visa at least one month in advance.

For more information regarding the requirements and procedure for obtaining a visa to China, please see Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the People's Republic of China (